EQ-i 2.0 ® and EQ-i 360 ® by Business Brain Academy
The EQ-i 2.0 provides the most scientifically validated Emotional Intelligence assessment tool available and is widely used by organisations across the world. The accumulated research on the EQ-i has shown that what was once considered that intangible determinant of success can now be accurately measured.
Business Brain Academy (Ei4Change) uses the EQ-i 2.0 for coaching, training, team development, recruiting and succession planning, and talent management.
The EQ-i 2.0 assessment measures emotionally and socially intelligent behaviour in five key areas:
• Self-Perception – which gives an insight into the inner self.
• Self-Expression – the outward expression or the action component of one’s internal perception
• Interpersonal – developing and maintaining relationships based on trust and compassion
• Decision Making – the way in which one uses emotional information
• Stress Management – how well one can cope with the emotions associated with change
Business Brain Academy (Ei4Change) is pleased to announce that the EQ-i 2.0 and 360 can be built into our range of coaching and other development contexts to:
• Identify development needs and under-utilised strengths
• Create more competent and motivated staff
• Enhance the quality of communication throughout the organisation
• Provide a clearer assessment of skills working with and through people and where they need to be developed within the organisation
• Build more effective team functioning through the inclusion of other colleagues’ perceptions
More powerfully, the EQ-i 2.0 and 360 can be used as a catalyst for changing organisational culture.
A Leadership report is available, which brings emotional intelligence into the practice of coaching to develop better leaders. Closely related concepts, EI and leadership are integrated into the report where the EQ-i 2.0 results are discussed in relation to important leadership competencies. Based on data collected from 200 successful leaders (senior managers to C-level executives), the results are not only shown against this comparison group but key relationships between EQ-i 2.0 subscales and leadership outcomes. Both client and coach reports help with leadership assessment, leadership placement, training of leadership skills, and understanding potential derailers to success.
An EQ-i2.0 Group Report combines the EQ-i 2.0 scores of individuals in a manner that allows you to make interpretations at the group or team level. This report presents an overview of group results that identifies group strengths as well as the areas where the group as a whole can be more effective. Furthermore, the EQ-i 2.0 Group Report discusses the organisational implications of a group’s emotional intelligence (EI) score and recommends strategies for action that can further develop the group’s potential.